Pickwick the Dodo

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Now that I have your attention

Or not. But I don't care. You're trapped in this meeting with me for the next hour. You're going to listen to what I have to say and you're going to like it. Got me? Good.

The Sureshot fiance pointed me over to this site - he seems to think that others would find my musings interesting. Awww. Boys are so cute when they're silly.

Ostensibly this blog is supposed to be about sharing my rather esoteric taste in books with the world for the greater good of humanity (right) but I imagine that my ramblings will only sometimes be on topic. Thankfully there's no velvet hammer of Miss Alli (check out her hysterical Apprentice/Survivor/Amazing Race recaps at www.televisionwithoutpity.com - you'll thank me later) to moderate me into oblivion when I wander.

A little background on me for your edification: I'm 23, live in Chicago, work as a receptionist for what has to be the most drama-laden 10-person office in the history of the universe, and I'm gearing up for taking the leap into married life on 9/4/04. I'm also an avid reader and I'm currently applying to a slew of graduate schools with the hopes of getting my master's in library science starting this fall. I have the most adorable little dog in the whole world - a black and grey cockapoo named Bunsen. He is a cute and cuddly furbaby that I love to pieces. Owning a dog is what it must be like to be a rock star - it's hard to imagine that any other living thing could be that excited to hear you come home from work.

That's about it for now. Your homework assignment - if you haven't already, read Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair. Best damn book I've read in five years, easy. If your sense of humor runs to the absurd, it's definitely your cup of tea. With a good British scone. Not that you can get those in the US. Damn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home